By Tom Finn
November 1, 2014
Spanish striker Diego Costa is set to return for Saturdays match against QPR says boss Jose Mourinho.
Previously the 26-year-olds absence along with that of French striker Loic Remy left Mourinho with only Didier Drogba as a lone frontman.
Before suffering a hamstring injury and a viral infection that has seen him miss four matches Costa had scored nine-goals in just seven Premier League games.
“It’s difficult when you only have one available, but when you have two, the situation improves,” Mourinho said.
Despite being happy to see his top goal scorer return the Portuguese manager admits he is powerless when it comes to limiting his international time with Spain who take on Belarus in a European qualifier on November 15th.
“He played for the national team and we lost him for four matches,” he added.
“Crystal Palace, Maribor, Shrewsbury and Manchester United, four matches in three different competitions.
“Now he is available again, but he needs to be under special care.
“I’m always supportive of players playing for their countries when they are in the condition to do so.
“But I’m nobody to stand in the way of the national team, I can’t stop him going away with his country.”