Denmark coach Morten Olsen has no fresh injury concerns ahead of Wednesday’s Euro 2012 clash with Portugal in Lviv, with the 62-year-old likely to name the same starting XI that beat Netherlands 1-0 on Saturday to get the ball rolling in Group A.
Meanwhile for Portugal, striker Hugo Almeida has recovered from a bout of flu and could replace Helder Postiga in attack after the latter’s largely ineffectual display in the 1-0 defeat to Germany, while winger Ricardo Quaresma has been passed fit after overcoming a leg muscle strain.
Did you know?
- The Danes finished as group winners when pitted against Portugal in both Euro 2012 and 2010 World Cup qualifying.
- Denmark have won three of the last five meetings between the two sides – all over the past five years.
- Simon Poulsen and William Kvist received yellow cards against Netherlands and are a booking away from suspension.
- Portugal are yet to register a victory in 2012, having won just once in their last seven games, with only one goal scored in their last four.
- The 2004 finalists will meet Denmark for the 13th time, with their record in previous encounters reading W7 D2 L3.
- Nani (pictured right) has scored three times in four outings against Denmark.
- Fabio Coentrao and Helder Postiga will incur a ban with their next bookings.
- Denmark have won seven of their last nine matches, including the 2-1 qualifying win over Portugal in October last year.
by Karthick Arvinth