Newcastle target Mathieu Debuchy has issued the Premier League club with a come and get me plea, insisting he is determined to leave Lille.
Chairman Michel Seydoux said earlier this month that the France international will be staying after the Ligue 1 side rejected bids from Newcastle.
But 26-year-old Debuchy’s stance that he wants to engineer an exit could encourage Newcastle to make another attempt to sign him.
“I don’t want to talk about my future,” he told Canal+. “I heard what the chairman said. The transfer window is open until September 4 (in France). I still want to go. We will see.”