Allianz-Arena — München April 23, 2013 KO 7:45 PM BST
By Karthick Arvinth
Bayern Munich striker Mario Mandzukic will miss the Champions League showdown against Barcelona through suspension.
Philippe Lahm, Javi Martinez and Bastian Schweinsteiger should all return to the starting line-up after being rested for Saturday’s 6-1 win over Hannover, but long-term injury victims Toni Kroos (groin) and Holger Badstuber (knee) remain absent.
Lionel Messi has handed Barcelona a major boost by returning to full training after missing the last two games with a hamstring strain – though has not been given the all-clear yet.
Defenders Carles Puyol and Javier Mascherano (both knee) and Adriano (suspension) are all out so youngster Marc Bartra is likely to partner Gerard Pique in central defence.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Bayern Munich have won 18 of their last 19 matches in all competitions, with the solitary defeat coming against Arsenal in the Champions League round of 16 second leg.
- The Bavarian giants have lost just one of 20 previous home encounters against Spanish opponents (W14, D5, L1).
- Bayern have won three of their six previous meetings with Barcelona in European competition (W3, D2, L1).
- Philipp Lahm, Dante and Luiz Gustavo will miss the return leg if they get booked on Tuesday night.
- Barcelona have only won two of their last eight away games across all competitions (W2, D4, L2).
- The Blaugrana are on an eight-match unbeaten run on German soil stretching back to 2001. Their overall record away record against Bundesliga teams is W9, D10, L5.
- Xavi (pictured, right) has completed 1,005 passes in the Champions League this season, 470 more than any other player, at an 88% success rate.
- Gerard Pique, Jordi Alba and Alex Song will incur a ban with their next bookings.