Mourinho, Chelsea, MAN United , Rooney,

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has said that the Blues will wait until after Monday night’s Premier league clash with Manchester United before submitting a third bid for Wayne Rooney.

Mourinho has made the England striker the clubs number one transfer target this summer, and have already had two bids rejected by Manchester United.

United are resolute in their stance that the striker is not for sale, and played Rooney in their 4-1 win over Swansea City at the weekend.

Chelsea are expected to test United with another offer, but Mourinho thinks it would be inappropriate to make an offer ahead of Monday night’s game at Old Trafford.

“I don’t want Chelsea to do it before we go there,” said Mourinho, following Chelsea’s 2-1 defeat of Aston Villa on Wednesday.

“Everybody in the club, in the board, they agree with me. They share that opinion.

“I think this period, by the ethical point of view, is a period where we’re going to be quiet.”

Earlier in the week the Portuguese manager said that he respected Manchester United will not to sell one of their best players, and said that Chelsea have other options should they fail to sign the 27-year-old.

“We trust a lot in our project for the future because the team is very, very young,” he said on Tuesday. “But we have conditions to try and improve our team by bringing in one more player and we are going to try that until the end.

“When you think that you’d like to have one player and the market is open, then official bids are not forbidden. Official bids are always accepted in an ethical way.

“You try because nobody forbids you to try and, of course, the player’s owners can do exactly what we did in relation to David Luiz and Barcelona.”

“We have a plan B and a plan C! Don’t ask me names, because it’s difficult to speak about players from other clubs.”